AVHR Winter Newsletter 2021
Welcome! This quarterly newsletter will give you the scoop on Arizona Vacation Home Rental’s newest homes and winter activities in the greater Phoenix area. In addition, look for the following:
- guest discounts
- weather overview
- travel tips
- what you need to know about pool heating
- links to help you find more information
We encourage you to browse and find what you need to customize and plan the perfect Arizona vacation.
Discounts if You Book at Azvacationhomerentals.com
When you’re ready to book ask us about the following discounts:
- 5% discount on nightly rate for returning guests
- 5% discount on nightly rate for veterans with proof of service document
- 10% discount on nightly rate for last minute booking within 3 days of arrival date
- Reduced fees for early check-in or late check-out on select homes
The following homes are discounted 10% if you reserve days in December, January or February and 15% if you are a returning guest. Other discounts at these homes include free pool heat and free highchair and Pack N Play rentals during the same months. Just ask us!
Adobe Ranch in East Mesa
Golden View in Gold Canyon
Juniper Oasis in East Mesa
Premium City Views in Mesa
What’s NEW and DIFFERENT at Arizona Vacation Home Rentals
We have three new properties and upgrades at one of our homes we’re excited to showcase. The first is Juniper Oasis, a 5 BR, 3 BA, one story home situated on a large lot in an upscale Mesa community. The backyard is a paradise of resort amenities with something for everyone. There are covered patios with TVs, an outdoor kitchen with high end appliances, a gas fireplace and a pool with optional heat and exciting slide. This exquisite home also has its own air conditioned work out and game room. Top to bottom, inside and out, you’ll find our home to be luxurious and comfortable. All that’s missing from this dream come true vacation home is YOU! For more information or to book, visit Arizona Vacation Home Rentals. Booking directly at Arizona Vacation Home Rentals saves you money and supports local business.
Our second, newly acquired home is Golden View, a 5 BR, 3.5 BA, single story, Gold Canyon home. Love our Superstition Mountains? They are the golden view from the backyard and many of the interior windows. The resort amenities at this gem include a heated pool, hot tub, covered patios for dining or watching TV and a gas fireplace. The interior of this home is luxurious throughout with a theater room featuring a gas fireplace and TVs in 4 of 5 bedrooms. To spend time at our dream come true vacation home book now at Arizona Vacation Home Rentals and then start packing! Booking directly at Arizona Vacation Home Rentals saves you money and supports local business.
Last of our new homes, but not in any way least, is Adobe Ranch, a secluded 4 BR, 3 BA, single story home on a large lot in East Mesa. The appealing amenities include a heated pool, covered patio and gas fire pit to warm your toes and heart. The charming southwestern decor in well appointed rooms is both attractive and comfortable. The property’s location is ideal for guests who enjoy golfing, hiking, biking, kayaking, Chicago Cubs spring training, shopping or dining out. Visit Arizona Vacation Home Rentals to see all the wonderful details and book your exciting vacation! Booking directly at Arizona Vacation Home Rentals saves you money and supports local business.
We’re also excited to share upgrades at Serenity Within, our now 4 BR, 2 BA, one story home in East Mesa. In addition to having another bedroom, there is a new fire pit gathering area and improvements in the interior decor. Bedroom 3 now has a king bed and there are TVs in ALL bedrooms which means everyone is happy with their sleeping quarters. This and other enhancements give Serenity Within the look and feel of an almost brand new home. Visit Arizona Vacation Home Rentals to book the perfect home away from home for your family. Booking directly at Arizona Vacation Home Rentals saves you money and supports local business.
Winter Travel to the Greater Phoenix Area
The fall can be the perfect time to visit the greater Phoenix area. Most days are warm, sunny and ideal for outdoor adventures of which there are many. The chart below features average day and night temps during the fall months.
|Month||Average Day Temp||Average Night Temp|
|December||67° F||46° F|
|January||69° F||46° F|
|February||72° F||49° F|
Packing for Our Winter Months
As you can see our temps are cooler in the winter months. That being said, 300+ of our days are sunny and temps can climb during the daylight hours. Be prepared for the temp changes which can sometimes be dramatic and pack the following:
- Clothing you can layer when temps are cool or warm
- Sunscreen, hats, sunglasses
- Moisturizers to protect against the drying effects of low humidity
- Sweatshirts or jackets for cool days and evenings
- Binoculars, camera gear and field guides
- Insect repellent
- Sturdy walking shoes
- Swimwear if you are renting a home with a heated pool or hot tub
- Recreational gear: golf clubs, bike helmets, tennis and pickleball rackets, etc.
Why Heat the Pool at Your Vacation Home
Guests often ask us if heating the pool at their rental home is necessary. If you read our guest reviews you will learn that pool heat makes swimming in our winter months more enjoyable.
Additional information about pool heat that you need to know:
- Pool heat is available for an additional fee, October through March, at homes with pool heaters. Pool heating is optional.
- We heat our pools to 80°. That temperature might not feel warm enough for some swimmers and especially if the day is cloudy and/or ambient temps are cool.
- You may choose the days you heat the pool, but it can take up to 3 days for the water temps to reach 80° depending on the ambient temps.
- If nighttime air temps drop significantly, no matter how efficient the pool heater is, the water temperature will drop. Putting solar blankets in place when you’re done swimming each day helps maintain the desired 80°.
Health & Safety
Vacation rental homes are safer than hotels. Our homes are self-contained meaning you have everything you need at the home with the exception of consumable items such as food and your personal effects. We offer no-contact check-in and check-out and adhere to all CDC recommended cleaning practices and employee policies. You’re not sharing amenities such as pools, hallways or dining areas and have absolute control over how you social distance from those not in your bubble.
Currently Arizona has no state implemented restrictions for US travelers from other states. According to CDC guidelines, visitors are encouraged to stay home when sick, wear a mask in public settings, avoid close contact with others and wash hands frequently.
Things to Do in the Greater Phoenix Area
Winter months are our peak season. Those who long to avoid freezing winter temps and shoveling snow should escape to the greater Phoenix area. Hikers, bikers and golfers often appreciate our sunny winter days with low humidity and cooler but not brutal temps. Check out our golf blog, Calling All Golfers!, and trail blog, Let’s Hit the Trails, for details on local fairways and trails plus links to the particulars.
Family activities you may find worthwhile are listed below and include links to help you find whatever information you need for an enjoyable experience.
- Arizona is home to the Cactus League’s spring training grounds. The Chicago Cubs is one of many teams who spend the winter and early spring months in Arizona. Read Batters Up for the Cactus League’s Spring Training for fun historical content and helpful links regarding spring training venues and schedules.
- Bearizona is located in Williams and has both drive and walk through tours for viewing wildlife in settings designed to resemble natural habitats. Roads are well maintained and permit you to view wildlife up close from the comfort of your own vehicle. Exciting and educational encounters with bears, wolves, mountain goats and more are always a possibility.
- Butterfly Wonderland offers you a rain forest experience amidst live tropical butterflies and reptiles. Learn about butterfly migration and the importance of protecting pollinators. Watch chrysalis emerge into exquisite butterflies and enjoy the magic of butterfly encounters as they move between feeding stations and greenery. Take a break on Arizona Boardwalk with its restaurants, shops and other attraction venues.
- Looking for a royal treat with jousting tournaments, feasts fit for a queen or king, arts and crafts and interactive entertainment? February 5th marks the beginning of the 34th annual Renaissance Festival and Artisan Marketplace. The festivities at this 50 acre Scottsdale village are held each weekend through April 3 and include free parking.
- If you’ve always dreamed of riding in a hot air balloon, Rainbow Riders in Phoenix/Scottsdale are happy to oblige you. Book a romantic sunrise or sunset flight or enjoy a scenic tour of the Sonoran Desert from a balloon basket.
- Our winter Farmers Markets are where you’ll want to shop for your vacation goodies. Scottsdale, Gilbert, Tempe, Mesa and Phoenix are just a few of the locations where you can purchase fresh grown and even fresh chopped veggies year round. Each market offers unique shopping opportunities and times so check the links to help you plan your market excursion.
Other activities that may coax you to our area include car shows, concerts, theater and sporting events. For example, upcoming events at The Orpheum Theater in Phoenix include A Christmas Carol, The Nutcracker (Phoenix Ballet), Waitress and An Officer and A Gentleman.
Additional fine art venues to check out:
- Ak-Chin Pavilion
- Arizona Federal Theater
- Celebrity Theatre
- Centennial Hall
- Marquee Theatre
- Mesa Ampitheater
- Mesa Arts Center
For our sports loving guests there are year round events to keep you entertained. Below are links to professional teams in the immediate area.
Thank you in advance for reading our newsletter. We hope you will pass on to friends and family who are interested in a vacation rental in the greater Phoenix area. Our spring newsletter will be published in February.
By providing links to other sites, AVHR does not guarantee, approve, or endorse information or products available on these sites.