By providing links to other sites, AVHR does not guarantee, approve, or endorse information or products available on these sites.
Shopping as a Favorite Pastime
An Arizona vacation is on your minds. She loves the golf course; he adores shopping. She packs her clubs and golf skirts. He packs walking shoes and not much else because he plans to fill his suitcase with Arizona treasures.
Everyone will be happy because the greater Phoenix area is famous for its private and public golf courses (see Calling ALL Golfers!). It’s also a paradise for the avid shopper!
Unique Shopping Venues
For starters, try these distinctly different markets:
- Mesa Market Place Swap Meet is a year-round Saturday and Sunday shopping extravaganza with a smorgasbord of merchandise to browse and buy. Parking and admission are free and there is live music and food on site so you can make a day (or weekend) of it. The 1550 plus merchants are a popular destination for locals and visitors alike so come early and of course bring a vehicle with extensive storage space. If you’re not a mall shopper you may enjoy this unique experience.
- Old Town Scottsdale, in the heart of the Scottsdale’s historic downtown, offers the best of Southwestern art, jewelry, fashion and collectable trinkets. The 5thAvenue Shopping District is designed with the pedestrian shopper in mind and features exclusive bling and objet d’art. For those who prefer one stop shopping for their high-end designer merchandise, a visit to the premiere Scottsdale Fashion Square should satisfy all of your upscale shopping needs.
- Tempe Marketplace is a favorite outdoor shopping center with over 100 shops and restaurants to choose from. Famous for its aesthetic appeal and creative design, the market includes water features, fireplaces, engaging art displays and gathering spaces to enjoy live entertainment. Parking is plentiful and shopping opportunities include the familiar anchor stores as well as smaller stores with more local flavor and treasures.
- Desert Ridge Marketplace in northern Phoenix is a shopping experience with an intense element of intrigue for those searching for exclusive designs, chef prepared meals and engaging entertainment. Familiar anchor stores amidst quaint curio shops will delight the shopper seeking excitingly unique and outdoor ambiance.
For Those Who Prefer Malls
Room for more in your suitcase? These more traditional malls might get the job done:
- Arizona Mills (Tempe)
- Biltmore Fashion Park (Phoenix)
- Gilbert Gateway Town Center (Gilbert)
- Mesa Grand (Mesa)
- Mesa Riverview (Mesa)
- SanTan Village (Gilbert)
- Superstition Springs Center (Mesa)
- Uptown Plaza (Phoenix)
Save money and support local business by booking directly through
Arizona Vacation Home Rentals