By providing links to other sites, AVHR does not guarantee, approve, or endorse information or products available on these sites.
If you’re planning a trip in September or October, don’t rule out south-central Arizona. There’s lots to do if you like sunny and warm days and cooler evenings.
According to US Climate Data, south-central Arizona averages 301 sunny days per year. Sandwiched between the hot and cool seasons, September averages high temps in the mid to upper 90s; low temps range from 65-70°F. October trends cooler with highs in the upper 80s and lows in the mid to upper 50s. Keep in mind that the relative humidity is low: September and October’s average is a mere 37%.
Besides golfing, hiking, biking and water sports, there are events and activities that are especially appealing during the autumn months in this part of Arizona.
If you’re a sports enthusiast, this is the place to be. Throughout September you can enjoy
football, baseball and soccer games. Catch the Arizona Cardinals professional football
team at the University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale. In Tempe cheer for Arizona State
University’s Sun Devils football team. Chase Stadium in downtown Phoenix is home to the Arizona Diamondbacks, a National League baseball team. The Phoenix Rising Soccer Complex borders the cities of Tempe and Scottsdale and is the permanent home of the Phoenix Rising FC, a Division III professional men’s soccer team.
AVHR rental properties for sports fans:
Mesa Cubs Den – https://azvacationhomerentals.com/131724/
Scottsdale Sundown – https://azvacationhomerentals.com/131780/
Scottsdale Golf Vista – https://azvacationhomerentals.com/131777/
- Considered to be Arizona’s official taco party, the annual Rockin’ Taco Street Fest is a cultural celebration in downtown Chandler that features food, live entertainment, a car show and a piñata party. Appreciate creative food? This is your chance to taste a variety of tacos and salsa from local food purveyors and wash it down with your choice of tequila and craft beers.
- Say good bye to summer at the annual Summer End’s Margarita Mojito Festival at Sloan Park Stadium. Sample margaritas and mojitos, California wines, craft beers and other spirits. Dine at artisan food trucks and vendors while enjoying live music and entertainment. Cheers to all who partake!
- With its lively salsa dancing and chile pepper cuisine, you won’t want to miss the annual Chile Pepper Festival on Roosevelt Street in downtown Phoenix. Activities the whole family will enjoy and award-winning chile pepper inspired dishes make this food and music festival an urban treat for all who attend.
- Recognized as one of the best family fall festivals in the East Valley, Schnepf Farms Pumpkin & Chili Party is an annual family affair with hay rides, a petting zoo, miniature golf, fireworks, a corn maze, amusement park rides, live entertainment and more. Festival dates include weekdays and weekends in October.
AVHR rental properties for festival fun:
Gilbert Forest – https://azvacationhomerentals.com/131755/
Sun Lakes Spring Creek – https://azvacationhomerentals.com/131763/
View in Gilbert – https://azvacationhomerentals.com/131768/
Gilbert Lake Mirage – https://azvacationhomerentals.com/131782/
Scottsdale Shea East – https://azvacationhomerentals.com/131781/
Longing to don a sweater and view fall leaves in brilliant hues? There are day trips you can make to satisfy your desire to experience the glory of fall. Better yet, rent a home that is situated amidst a palette of fall colors and celebrate autumn in Arizona for more than a day.
- Payson: The distance from Mesa to Payson is 76 miles via SR 87 and travel time is approximately 1.5 hours. You’ll climb over 4000 feet to reach Payson, a picturesque town surrounded by National Forest and situated in the heart of what is known as Rim Country. From Payson it’s about 30 miles to the Mongollon Rim, a dramatic stone barrier on the edge of the Colorado Plateau. Forest Road aka Rim Road, is a spectacular 51 mile scenic drive with panoramic mountain views dressed in fall shades of red, orange and gold. Both in Payson and along Forest Road there are numerous hiking and biking trails and many opportunities to view elk, eagles and otters.
- Prescott: A northwest jaunt from Mesa will take you to the city of Prescott and Prescott National Forest. Travel time is a little more than 2 hours. Mingus Mountain is one mountain within the forest that boasts oaks, ash and poplars in dazzling fall colors. If you need another reason to make this drive, visit the wineries on Verde Valley Wine Trail.
AVHR rental property in Payson:
Whispering Elk Lodge – https://azvacationhomerentals.com/340611/